- This event has passed.
Cannabis 101: Essential Information For The New Canadian Reality
June 22 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm PDT$30 – $57
GET THE FACTS TO THESE COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
LEGALIZATION & RULES:
– What’s the difference between recreational and medicinal use of cannabis?
– What are our rights? How do the rules apply to a normal person?
– Where can we get our medicine/recreational legally here in Vancouver?
– Legal dispensaries? Websites? Different between provinces?
– What’s the plan for the future with the rules in Vancouver? Will there be more places to get it?
– Who do we talk to about cannabis? Can we rely on doctors, dispensaries, or pharmacists for guidance with using cannabis as a therapy?
– What about traveling to other provinces and countries?
CANNABIS, HOW TO TALK ABOUT IT:
– How do I talk to my kids, parents, co-workers about cannabis?
– What’s the difference between recreational and therapeutic use?
– What are the pros and cons for adolescents and children using cannabis?
– What’s the science behind heavy cannabis use at certain ages?
STRAINS & THEIR USES – MEDICINAL VS RECREATIONAL:
– Why so many different strains? How do I choose?
– What is the entourage effect and why is it important?
– Is cannabis use addictive?
– What ways can I use cannabis as a therapy if I don’t want to get high?
– Psychoactive vs non-psychoactive cannabis, the pros and cons of THC
– What’s the difference between CBD and THC, and the rest of the plant?
– Isolated Compounds vs Full Spectrum products
– Treatment for Cancer, epilepsy, insomnia, pain management, opioid management, PMS.
– Relaxation, stress management.
METHODS OF INTAKE:
– What are the differences in affects between the different methods of use?
– What if I am subject to employment drug testing? What can I use safely?
– What are the different methods of intake? (Smoking flower, edibles, topicals, tinctures, capsules, gel caps, sprays, suppositories, vaping, concentrates, etc.)
– What are some of the pros and cons for different methods of intake?
– What reasons do people usually use different methods of intake?
– Edibles – What’s the difference between baking and cooking?
– What can I make at home?
– What can I get from a dispensary?
HOW TO GROW OUR OWN CANNABIS:
– We are each allowed to grow 4 plants, where do we start?
– How do we get the most out of our 4 plants?
– What are the rules around growing our own cannabis?
– How to cook with my home grown cannabis? (edibles?)
– How much should I grow? Is this determined by how much I regularly consume?
– How big will my plants get?
– What are your goals for growing your own plants?
CANNABIS AND SPIRITUALITY – WITH STEPHEN GRAY:
– How can we introduce cannabis into our spiritual lives?
– What are some of the age old practices that have enhanced higher learning of ourselves?